The rantings of a curious man in a very strange world

Monday, May 9, 2011

Return

Sorry for the disappearance, my family was unfortunately stricken with a tragedy that still is unresolved. However I am coming back, with a new found passion. 
I attended a presentation by Kathleen Dean Moore this evening, who was speaking about the book Moral Ground she co-edited. Many of the global concerns I have had were solidified by her words and those of her audience. Vast amounts of resources have been stolen from my generation, my children, my grand children and so forth, by the modern system of economics. For most of my life I have felt a terrible weight from this relationship, silent victim to the wealthy and passive thief to those less fortunate. 
My passiveness ends tonight. This world can't survive our civilization mending it's ways, so I plan on creating a new civilization, without the abominable webbing we have entrenched ourselves in. 
It is time to decide, we know that human actions are destroying the planet, is human life precious enough to change our behavior, is our children's happiness, the planet, biodiversity, your own well being?
Time to choose your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment